Youa (maxima) culpa

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Thu Oct 13 10:52:58 UTC 2005

Are there any studies of school-mock-Latin? Or is the practice too
old to have attracted the attention  of scholars then? Seems to me
there were folklorists way back then, although their attention may
have been more attracted to the rustic than urbane, in line with the
prejudices of the day. If any such mockeries were obscene (and surely
they were), wouldn't such renegade scholars as Gershon Legman, for
example, have sniffed them out?

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston