Defeated On Arrival (DOA); Preyground

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 14 00:31:50 UTC 2005

DEFEATED ON ARRIVAL--38 Google hits
PREYGROUND--15,600 Google hits
(GOOGLE NEWS)

_GOP pols eye Mike coattails_
(http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/355080p-302658c.html)
New York Daily News, NY -   <NO
... 8 that could  have a coattail effect for their uphill candidacies. The
four are running  in districts where Republicans aren't DOA - Defeated on
Arrival. ...

PREYGROUND--This was in today's AM NEW YORK. The "preyground" is a cyber
chat room ("playground") where middle aged people "prey" on youngsters. I  don't
know if the term is established beyond headlines such as these.
DEFEATED ON ARRIVAL (DOA)--This was used in today's Daily News to refer to
Republicans in most New York City districts. The writer of the piece hasn't
been  kind to me--just like almost everybody, my entire life it  seems.