UBC graffiti (1969)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Oct 15 17:09:03 UTC 2005

Not achieving the same classiness, but:

Books or plays that do not achieve the best, and
their authors.  A game suggested by the Boston
Globe Sunday Magazine column by Gail Caldwell,
“Currents: A little learning”, early June, 2000.

Examples:

·        Dicken’s “Tale of Two Strip Malls”
(which does not achieve the excellence of his “Tale of Two Cities”)
·        Stendahl’s “The Pink and the Grey”
·        Faulkner’s “The Whisper and the Irritation”
·        Dostoevski’s “Misdemeanors and Reprimands”
·        Updike’s “Rabbit, Skip”

(I have 44 more of my own, mostly poorer.)

Joel