UBC graffiti (1969)

Sun Oct 16 07:23:49 UTC 2005

>>Has anyone heard any *new* book-author jokes ?  (_The Da Vinci Code_
>>doesn't count.)
>>
>>Or is this an obsolete genre ?
>
>Mostly obsolete, I think. Emily Cox and Henry Rathvon ran an _Atlantic_
>contest some years ago called "Coauthors". The winners were:
>
>  "The Origins of Frankenstein" by Bill Tim with Lou Sparts.
>  "Common Medical Problems" by D. Tommy Hertz and Denise R. Aiken.
>  "Skin Deep: The Art of the Supercilious" by Hugh Luke Marvilas and
>   I. Dolph Lattery.

Also related are the credits given by the public radio shows "Car Talk"

Daylight Savings Time Manager   Konrad Adenauer
Elvis Impersonator              Amal Shookup
Graduation Coordinators         Val and Dick Torian
Head of Bldgs. & Grounds        Moe D'Lawn

http://www.cartalk.com/content/about/credits/credits.html

And "Prarie Home Companion"

"Written by Sarah Bellum, Immanuel Transmission"