"nonviolence"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 21 19:51:55 UTC 2005

So, Robert Sheckley's 1953  _Galaxy_ short story, "The Seventh
Victim," is not the earliest use of this phrase as a title. Oh, well.
;-)

Sheckley's great story, retitled "The Tenth Victim," was later made
into a forgettable movie.

Speaking of retitling, I've heard that Ray Bradbury has been bitching
about someone else's use of "Fahrenheit" as part of a title. Given
that his story's original title is "The Fireman," I fail to see his
point.

["Six degrees of separation" note: The girl who broke my heart and
taught me that 'heartreak" is not just a metaphor, went to the same
high school as Bradbury.]

-Wilson

--
-Wilson Gray