Still lame ...

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 22 03:48:25 UTC 2005

After all these years. On Black Entertainment TV tonight, a comedian
tried yet again to reintroduce the pseudo-euphemism, "reggin." This is
just "nigger" spelled backward. I first heard it in L.A. in 1957. Yet,
tonight's comedian spelled the word, pronounced it (rejjin), and gave
examples of its use as though the term was as fresh as tomorrow's NYT.
What he had to say was the same rap that I had heard back in the day,
accompanied by an example of its use not as funny as that of the '57
version.

-Wilson Gray