New slang?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Oct 22 14:51:19 UTC 2005

"Engendering multiple organisms" :  whoa ! somethin' alien goin' on here !

JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: Re: New slang?

That was sort of my point. I heard the term in a context in which it
clearly meant, "burn rubber" or whatever term has come into use since
the '50's.

Googlling, if not personal experience, teaches us that the standard,
as it were, meaning is aviation jargon that has to do with
heavily-laden airplanes and not with burning rubber while peeling away
from the curb, which latter meaning apears to be new.

FWIW, "take off heavy" appears to have the same basic structure as
"pee down heavy," a BE guy-talk term that means, roughly, "spend the
night fucking and engendering multiple organisms in one's partner."

-Wilson

--
-Wilson Gray