gooder

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 28 15:45:44 UTC 2005

I've encountered this a few times over the past 20 or 30 years as a jocular form of "better," but this is the first time I've bothered to make a note of it:

2002 Samuel Brantley _Zero Dark Thirty_ (Central Point, Ore.: Hellgate Press, 2002) 31: This place is good; flying is gooder.

>From Usenet:

1996   _GH: Is Kevin a REAL friend to Filly?_   rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc (Sept. 30) : Kevin is not any "gooder" than any of those people were to  Felicia,  on the surface.

1997   _Magical places in Europe_  rec.travel.europe   (Mar. 3) It doesn't get any gooder than that!

2005 _Update: Stuff for sale_  rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic   (Oct. 6) : Just curious Mitch, I missed your earlier FS posts I guess -- why are you parting with the 4051?  Get something even gooder instead?

JL