Alta California (digital newspapers)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 30 20:07:56 UTC 2005

You can add the ALTA CALIFORNIA to our list of digitized newspapers. It's
far from complete right now, but an NEH grant was awarded earlier in 2005. I'd
check again in six months to a year to see what's going on. The web sites
don't  seem to be working right now, though.
_http://www.cbsr.ucr.edu/cnp/_ (http://www.cbsr.ucr.edu/cnp/)

A PROGRAM OF THE CENTER
FOR BIBLIOGRAPHICAL  STUDIES,
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA,
RIVERSIDE
____________________________________

News flash: _CBSR  awarded grant as part of the NEH national digital
newspaper program_
(http://www.cbsr.ucr.edu/cnp/California_Digital_Newspaper_Project.html)
See also: _the Alta California  Digitization Study_
(http://cpc.stanford.edu/cndp)  and _Northwestern California  Newspapers_
(http://library.humboldt.edu/nwcnews)
_http://library.csusm.edu/course_guides/history/History_430Schwartz.asp_
(http://library.csusm.edu/course_guides/history/History_430Schwartz.asp)
 _Daily  Alta California Historical Archive_
(http://infoweb.newsbank.com/iw-search/we/HistArchive?p_product=CNHA&p_action=keyword&p_theme=cnha&p_nbid=T4DO4
7REMTEwNzg4MDMzMi44MDIxMTI6MTo3Om5jZGNuZHA&p_clear_search=)  part of the
California Newspaper Digitization Project and far from  complete, this collection
has searchable digitized images of issues from 1846,  1847, 1849, 1864, 1874,
1879 and 1891 (as of 2/8/05.) Note: the images are  captured from the print
originals and some are difficult to read.