"refugee" a bad word

Harrold Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 2 17:35:19 UTC 2005

I vaguely remember the term, "internal refugees," used WRT to the
consequences of politically-motivated population shifts in the old
Soviet Union. Despite the fact that the original term had to do with
our long-time enemy, I like it as a term for the people displaced by
the hurricane. Hey! Why not "displaced persons"?

-Wilson Gray