1913 "jazz"; was: Terror Dome; Dallas Morning News (1885-present?)

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Thu Sep 8 21:44:21 UTC 2005

>I would myself be interested in any appearance of the word "jazz" in
>regional and small town newspapers, through 1920 or so. I have access
>to Proquest, but not Newspaper Archives or other such files.

Perhaps 1921 doesn't qualify as '1920 or so', but it can't hurt to find out.

http://www.kmitch.com/Huerfano/news1920.html

Huerfano County, Colorado
                                      News Of The Day
1921 September: The Annex Jazz Orchestra will play for dances at Maccabee
Hall Oct. 4, 5 and 6.

1921
December Walsenburg: The Hedwhite four-piece jazz orchestra will play for a

Michael McKernan