"Yous/ youse" early exx.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 13 19:55:09 UTC 2005

FWIW, by the '40's, this locution was typical of working-class whites
as far west as St. Louis, even though, even then, "youse" - judging by
radio programs, newspaper comic strips, etc. - was still
stereotypically considered to be a feature only of the Flatbush,
Brooklyn, subdialect of New-Yorkese.

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray