verb eponyms

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Sun Sep 18 23:51:42 UTC 2005

While driving around today I heard someone on NPR claim that the only verb
eponyms she could think of without "linguistic decoration", i.e. without
affixes such as -ize, were "Bork" and "Bobbit".  (She had already mentioned
"boycott" as an eponym, but perhaps she doesn't think of it as a verb.)

I thought surely there must be more, but could come up with none on my
own.  An Internet search got me "Fisk", as well as "Fudge" whose status as
an eponym is dubious.

Interestingly, Bork, Bobbit, Fisk, and Boycott were all victims of the
action bearing their name.  My approach was to try to think of
perpetrators, especially in sports, but I could think of none.

Can anyone think of any others?

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at visi.com       Saint Paul MN USA
           http://www.visi.com/~pds