Heroin pron. "hair-on"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 19 02:07:40 UTC 2005

I've seen this pronunciation represented as "heh-ron" elsewhere. Sure
wish I could remember where, dammit! And there's the black
pro-football player who insists that his first name, "Aaron," be
pronounced [ei-rOn]. Now, I wish I could remember his whole name, so
that I could check whether he's from the New Orleans area. The usual
BE pronunciation is [ei-r at n].

-Wilson Gray