"knock up" --usage

Lal Zimman zimman at SFSU.EDU
Mon Sep 19 22:04:06 UTC 2005

I definitely agree with you here, Fritz. To me, "knocked up" implies
that the pregnancy was unwanted (or at the very least unplanned) and
that the expectant mother is probably not married to the person who
impregnated her. Definitely not the sort of thing to be tossed around
at a church picnic.

-Lal