"knock up" --usage

Tue Sep 20 13:59:59 UTC 2005

FRITZ JUENGLING <juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US> asked:

 I thought that remark was extremely rude and inapropriate.  My question, am
I just a prude or was this really just the remark of a jerk? Would
appreciate any comments.
thanks,
Fritz
 <<<
I agree with you. To me, that idiom almost always refers to unintended
pregnancy, usually pre/extra-marital.

Actually, one caveat: The guy could be simply ignorant of the usage rather
than a pure and simple jerk. That said... He's STILL a jerk. "Well, I see
you're pregnant" is almost as rude.

m a m