left right stuff

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 21 16:47:07 UTC 2005

It helps to bear in mind the adage "two wrongs don't make a right, but three
lefts do."

All this reminds me of what we called a "Detroit left" back in Ann Arbor
(although my mother-in-law, who is not a native Michigander, calls it a
Michigan left), where, in order to turn left onto a busy street you have to
first turn right (onto said busy street) and then make a U-turn, at which point
you will be going the correct way, although you probably have to wait at the
intersection again.

Jeff Prucher