"So I said to myself, 'Self...'"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Sep 27 13:51:33 UTC 2005

>larry,
>
>I'm interested in the 3rd sg marker on "says." Did you turn up no "thinks"?
>
>dInIs

No, I didn't turn up no "thinks" (on the non-concord reading).
Some double-thinks (and double-selfs) from the first page of the 949
hits on "So I thinks to myself":

So I thinks to myself, "Self," I thinks, "self, it's time we made
some effort to
build a bridge to that other community."

so, i thinks to myself, i thinks, 'self--we gotta do sumthin' about all this
teevee the family been watchin'.' and i says, 'yes, we do.

So I thinks to myself, "Self," I thinks, "I wonder if you can use your Laserjet
1300 to create waterfast id pages.".