Being pendantic

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Wed Sep 28 14:15:34 UTC 2005

Someone I know who uses "pendantic" also refers to my employer
as "Merriman-Webster."  (I respond with the normal pronunciations,
but they don't seem to take root.)

Funny -- I always figured it was poetic license.  (He's a published
poet.)

Joanne