Being pendantic

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Sep 28 16:51:44 UTC 2005

George McGovern took the process a step further.  I never heard him refer
to the country in any other way but as the "Unine States" (with stress on
the "nine").  I always assumed this was idiolectal, but maybe it's a South
Dakotanism, for all I know.

Peter Mc.

--On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:24 AM -0400 "Dennis R. Preston"