Thee and Thou/Friends

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 29 19:55:28 UTC 2005

Larry, I'm impressed. Most people that I know, this correspondent
among them, are able to recall only the umgood parts and the name of
Mellors's johnson, even when they no longer remember the name of
Mellors himself. Most have no idea that there was any use of dialect
in the novel. They simply didn't notice it.

In my own defense, I'd like to point out that, by sheer coincidence,
one John Thomas was the  high-jump champion of the world years before
I had the oppurtunity to read LC'sL. Hence, the name, "John Thomas,"
was already fixed in my mind.

-Wilson