yuck one's yum

Orion Montoya gorion at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 30 19:42:40 UTC 2005

Overheard from a co-worker discussing chocolate: "I didn't want to
yuck your yum about it," in reference to an oversweet cherry
chocolate, which her interlocutor initially liked (and audibly
praised) before spitting it out when it turned out to be cloying.
When interrogated, she said she'd heard the phrase about five years
ago.

Discussed at length in the Boston Phoenix, June 20-26, 2003:
http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/out_there/documents/02956986.htm
'She then offered to give her almonds to Uri, who said, "Bring it on!
I love almonds! And raisins!" In response to which Becca and I
proclaimed our respective dislike for these items.

Then Uri looked sad.

"Don't yuck my yum," he said, and returned to his bowl.'

Some of the googits are people freaking about about the phrase itself:

http://coconnell.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_coconnell_archive.html
"Her big thing was putting Splenda on damn near everything she ate.
I'm talking salads here, people. She'd reach into her purse, whip out
two or three packages, and dump them all over a chicken caeser. *hork*
In one scene, she noticed a waiter looking at her out of the corner of
his eye and she confronted him and said, "Hey, it's what I like.
What's that saying...don't yuck my yum?" I'm sorry, but what the fuck
saying is that? I've never heard it in my life. I think it was
something her nutjob little pea brain came up with to justify a truly
bizzare compulsion. Don't yuck my...I'll yuck your! Freak!!!"

35 good googits for 'yuck my yum', 3 for 'yuck your yum', 1 for 'our'.
 2 more of each 'your' and 'my' in GGroups, earliest 2001 in
alt.tv.er.  None for 'his' or 'her'.

It seems a little prissy to me, and for some reason reminds me of 'I
just threw up in mouth a little'.

- Orion.