iJacking

Chris F. Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Sat Apr 1 06:54:42 UTC 2006

Kevin Marks pointed me to this very obvious neologism:

----
Retired San Francisco Police Department inspector Michael Maloney
purchased a pint of pale ale at the Bean Bag Café on Divisadero Street
and settled into a window seat with his Macintosh G4 iBook.

It was just a few days into the new year, and Maloney had become a
regular at the Bean Bag, lured in by its free Internet service after
recently canceling his home DSL line as a way of reining in expenses.

Maloney was absorbed in his work when suddenly a hooded person yanked
the laptop from Maloney's hands and ran out the door. Maloney tried to
grab his computer, but he stumbled across a few chairs and landed on the
floor as the perpetrator dashed to a vehicle waiting a quarter block
away.

Call it an iJacking: a street-level strong-arm robbery of computer
gadgetry. In the past few months, the Western Addition has, in the words
of a recent SFPD neighborhood bulletin, "been plagued by this type of
crime with very few arrests."
http://www.sfbg.com/40/25/news_ijacked.html
San Francisco Bay Guardian, Mar. 22, 2006 - Mar. 28, 2006 Vol. 40, No.
25
----

As far as I can tell, the uppercase J is just for contrast with the
initial lowercase I, to align it with proper names / brand names like
iBook etc. pp. ad infinitum

Chris Waigl
too busy moving to check this out further