"The time to repair a leaky roof is when the sun is shining" (FDR, not JFK)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 8 04:43:53 UTC 2006

TIME TO REPAIR + ROOF + SUN--25,400 Google hits
This famous quote was said by NY City Council Speaker Christine Quinn
yesterday. She attributed it to President Kennedy.
The quote is from FDR. Maybe both Mayor Bloomberg (inauguration
misquotation) and Speaker Quinn both need to hire me.
What does Fred have?
_http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/07/nyregion/07budget.html_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/07/nyregion/07budget.html)
"_President Kennedy_
(http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/k/john_fitzgerald_kennedy/index.html?inline=nyt-per)  said that the time
to repair the roof  is when the sun is shining, so now, when the sun is shining
in New York City, we  have the opportunity and the responsibility to make
government better serve the  people's needs," she said.
(PROQUEST)
_PRESIDENT  ASKS NEW CONTROL OF CROPS AT ONCE; Demands Enactment of
Substitute AAA. _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=440872612&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1144470995&clientId=65882)
ARTHUR SEARS HENNING. Chicago  Daily Tribune (1872-1963). Chicago, Ill.: Jul
13, 1937. p. 2 (1 page)
"It is my philosophy that the time to repair a leaky roof is when the sun  is
shining."