Peasant? and Village?

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Apr 12 13:08:18 UTC 2006

In Illinois a village is a legal form of incorporation.

The petition shall set forth (1) a definite description of
the lands intended to be embraced in the proposed village, (2)
the number of inhabitants residing therein, (3) the name of the
proposed village, and (4) a prayer that a question be submitted
to the electors residing within the limits of the proposed
village whether they will incorporate as a village under this
Code.

Page Stephens

> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Barbara Need <nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Peasant?  and Village?

---