"If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it." (1898, 1917)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 16 17:48:17 UTC 2006

More on this.
_WILLIAM  MORRIS AND HIS ART_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=743920062&SrchMode=1&sid=2&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=114520
9386&clientId=65882)
The Chap - Book; Semi - Monthly. A  Miscellany & Review of Belles Lettres
(1894-1898). Chicago: Jan 1,  1898. Vol. 8, Iss. 4; p. 179 (3 pages)
Second page:
There is not the slightest doubt that William Morris revolutionized the
taste of England in a hundred ways and in almost every home, and, through
England, performed the likely grateful and kindly service for the world of
civilization. There is no doubt regarding the permanency of his place among  English
poets and authors. Yet the doing of these things seemed only to  stimulate him
to greater and more varied activities. He personified the modern  adage: "If
you wish something done, have a busy man promise to do it for  you."
_THE  BUSY MAN FOR WORK_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=1&did=798085512&SrchMode=1&sid=2&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1145209386&
clientId=65882)
J P B. Herald of Gospel Liberty (1808-1930). Portsmouth: May 10,  1917. Vol.
109, Iss. 19; p. 443 (1 page)
THE BUSY MAN FOR WORK
We sometimes attempt to put men into positions, to do the work of the
Church, who are known to have leisure, thinking that a man of leisure can do  such
work, when the busy man could not do it, but that is evidently a mistake.  The
man of leisure likes his leisure too well to be what we call a hard worker,
and only hard workers really accomplish much. If you wish something done in the
 Lord's vineyard, then get a busy man to do it. Dr. H. Clay Trumbull, for
many  years the editor of the _Sunday School Times_, has been quoted as having
once  said: "I never knew a man to do a thing worth while when he had plenty of
time  to do it." The man who lives closest to the church is apt to be late in
getting  to the preaching service. So it is when a man has a plenty of time,
he usually  takes too much time, and then he does not get his work done,
certainly not well  done. If you have work to be done, then get a busy man to do it.
J. P. B.