Flush Out/Flesh Out

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 25 21:32:25 UTC 2006

FWIW, probably not much in this concept, uh, context, "flesh" is pronounced
"flush" by a _lot_ of BE speakers all over the country. And, again FWIW,
I've heard locutions like "flush the poisons out of your system' for as long
as I've been able to understand English. And given the number of patent
medicines that promise to do that for you, I'd almost be willing to bet that
it has been in print with that meaning for quite some time. Maybe I can find
an old "Black-Draught-sometimes-called-'Black-Drawt'" calendar somewhere.
;-)

-Wilson