online accent quiz

Mon Dec 4 03:35:43 UTC 2006

Tom,
We could have used you in 1385, when those dirty kids (no doubt
corrupted by Lollardy, rampant anticlericalism and uncouth Northern
influence (those wlaffyng harryng and garryng grisbyters) had the
audacity to drop final -e, when it is written.  Now we can't tell
weak from strong adjectives.  How are those from Flanders, Hainault
and Cleves going to learn our language then??

God save King Richard,
Paul