Margaret Lee's paper; was: Re: Jesse Jackson wants to ban "N-word"

Margaret Lee mlee303 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 5 12:26:33 UTC 2006

I would be happy to share the article with anyone upon request.

  Margaret

"Cohen, Gerald Leonard" <gcohen at UMR.EDU> wrote:
  Would Margaret perhaps be willing to share her paper with ads-l? No doubt at least several members would be interested in it.

Gerald

________________________________

From: American Dialect Society on behalf of Margaret Lee
Sent: Sun 12/3/2006 5:21 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Margaret Lee's paper; was: Re: Jesse Jackson wants to ban "N-word"

I was asked by the editor of a local university's student newspaper to write an op-ed piece on an issue that had sparked much debate on the campus: whether [Blacks] should call themselves African Americans, or simply Americans. However, in the staff's rush to get the paper to press, I was not able to submit the article on time. Now I use it in my classes.

Margaret

"Cohen, Gerald Leonard" wrote:
This paper sounds very interesting. Was it ever published? Was there any further discussion based on it?

Gerald Cohen