Mispronunciation

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 13 14:11:14 UTC 2006

>Come on, you-all! It's at least one dialect of English in which the
>shift of "ash" to [ej] in the environment before /n/ or /N/ -
>depending upon whether one considers /N/ to be underlying or derived -
>is quite regular. An example is David Chappelle's pronunciation of T.
>rex as "tyRAYnnosaurus rex." Perhaps Ms. Morales is a speaker of one
>such dialect. :-)
>
>-Wilson

Sure.  I assume ej is long a as in "danger".  In fact, in m-w.com the "a" in
"danger" and "dangle" are spoken the same (long a) by the speakers, although
the notation has "dangle" with a short a.  For USA accent that shift is
present alot and should be recognized in the notation.  I've never heard
long a in T-rex before.

See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.

age, and price. Try it!