poon-tang (was Re: [ADS-L] your most sought word orphraseorigins?

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Dec 15 15:55:06 UTC 2006

Wilson,

Many years ago an old now reformed racist friend of mine from Bethesda,
Maryland used to say that, "All they want is poontang, Moon Pies and knee
high pie." I never asked him how he spelled knee high or if he spelled it
Nehi in terms of the soda which might put a slightly different slant on the
meaning of the sentence.

Page Stephens

-----------------------
> > Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> > Poster:       Jonathon Green <slang at ABECEDARY.NET>
> > Subject:      Re: poon-tang (was Re: [ADS-L] your most sought word or
phrase
> >               origins?

---

> > Stephen Goranson wrote:
> > > O. Lost 377 has
> > > A fellow's got to have a little snooey, hasn't he?  snooey--sic.
That's a new