Yes, Bill Mullins: what you said

Alison Murie sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Tue Dec 19 22:31:59 UTC 2006

I daresay a lot of us lay people and lurkers would echo Bill in this. We're
grateful for our seats in this classroom.
While our contributions may reflect our amateur status, I don't think we
are all just parasites here.  We may be functioning as missionaries of a
sort, by spreading some of the enlightenment the list affords us into our
ever-widening circles, and we may act in much the same way as the vast crew
of the original OED, bringing bits of data to Murray, did, by observing &
reporting on language-use in our various worlds.
Not least of the pleasures of participating here are the ongoing  O  & OT
conversations that weave in and out.
AM