Holiday wish from Mr. Goto

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Dec 20 15:36:05 UTC 2006

Almost reads like a Nigerian scam.  Except the Japanese are reputed
to be particularly honest (see the Tokyo Police lost-and-found --
especially of you're out in the rain and need an umbrella).  Dennis,
was there any URL link you could hover your mouse over?  Or is your
mouse already not stirring for this Christmas season?

And Google reveals many hits for KINKI COMPANY LIMITED -- about
9.  One with a Tokyo address.  It must be real.  And in urgent need
of overseas representatives: it is positively shouting ... its name
is always entirely in upper case.  (At least in the small excerpts
displayed by Google.)

Although I was curious about one site which Google told me associated
KINKI with "1. New release of trident driver bugged."  A worm?  A CIA
house?  But the page appears to be a list of messages received by an
email list. (Debian-X?  I guess that's the forthcoming release of
Debian, now being tested by users:  "Debian is a free operating
system (OS) for your computer.").  And lo  -- there is Mr. Goto's
greeting again!  Labelled "Bug403325".  Well, at least worms are not bugs.

So Mr. Goto's message is spam, if not scam.

Joel