not as juicy as "deflam(m)atory", but...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Dec 22 19:04:32 UTC 2006

1)  heard on the radio today:  "I know I'm putting the horse before
the cart, but..."
[meaning what's usually meant by "putting the cart before the horse"]

2)  heard on many sports highlight shows:  a pick six = 'an
interception run back for a touchdown'
(e.g. in reference to a quarterback throwing a pick six).  This would
not have been coined before the widespread eponymous lottery game;
it's derived from "pick" (longstanding synonym for 'intercept(ion)')
+ six (points for the ensuing touchdown).

LH