Double modal

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 28 17:35:42 UTC 2006

This weekend, while suffering through "Smoky Mountain Christmas" starring
Lee Majors and Dolly Parton, I heard Lee Majors' character use a double
modal ("might could"). This isn't thrilling (esp. considering that at least
one of writers is from the South as is Lee Majors), but it did stand out a
little. I was surprised that a cheesy, feel-good, mass market movie would
use a double modal that might frighten the Northerners.
Just thought it was worth noting.

Scot

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here.  Get all the scoop.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/