"tinfoil hat brigade"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Feb 1 17:50:29 UTC 2006

Might the notion of "tinfoil hat" (not necessarily the phrase itself)
described as "tin-foil covered."  Also, (as AM wrote; see also Doug
Wilson), my recollection is of "the foil's capacity to ward off
endangering rays of some sort" and perhaps earlier than 1983.

Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>FWIW, I've never seen anyone wearing a tinfoil hat.

Except in a movie?  I have no idea which, but if so it might be
earlier than 1983.

Joel