deep-seeded desire

Fri Feb 3 15:12:05 UTC 2006

I must ask, how many of the egg-corns in contemporary
publications might be the result of use (or poor use)
of word processing spell-checkers.  Enter "seaded" in
Word, and the spell check returns both "seated" and
"seeded" - an inattentive moment, and an egg-corn is
created that doesn't indicate the original use or
intention.

http://mail.yahoo.com