ADS in the horoscopes

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 3 19:55:13 UTC 2006

Benjamin Zimmer wrote:
> On 2/3/06, Alice Faber <faber at haskins.yale.edu> wrote:
>
>>We made it to Sports Illustrated as well (and they spelled our name
>>correctly, too!), in a column about the oft-repeated bogus claim about
>>the Superbowl attracting a billion viewers worldwide. (This is on p. 19
>>of the current issue; you have to subscribe to the dead-tree version to
>>access this on-line).
>

> I found it online without a problem:
>
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/steve_rushin/02/03/rushin0206/index.html

When I was posting the citation to alt.folklore.urban last night, I
couldn't get past the first paragraph without inputting some numbers
from the mailing label on my copy of the magazine. (Alternatively, I
could have ordered a second subscription...)

Alice Faber                                    faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                           tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                        fax (203) 865-8963