Circle with a slash through it=?

Orion Montoya gorion at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 7 17:26:18 UTC 2006

> a circle with an = image in it and a "slash" through the circle

When I was in middle school, one of the cooler-and-older kids called
this "the universal sign of negation".  Google has only two real hits
for this, and I'm responsible for one of them (the one now absent from
stallman.org, even in Google's cache).  So, clearly, it's more
nonceversal.

One hit for "international sign of negation", three for "international
sign of prohibition".

Aha: 117 raw hits for "international symbol of prohibition".

O.