Today's Language Quotation

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 17 04:02:03 UTC 2006

Let's see. HDAS has "bust a cap" back to 1863 and, as far as I know,
it has never been out of fashion. I know a version of "phat," to wit:
"phatt," from 1950. "Bood/ty" is another hoary old chestnut, as is
"get all up in that ass."

I wonder how long the new ones will last.

And yes, I agree that the quote raises some of the questions of the
ages. It's pretty funny, as was your punny intro, Jon.

-Wilson