Re: on behalf of a researcher

Fri Feb 17 15:14:37 UTC 2006

My contact with this term has been almost entirely through people in recovery
communities/therapy settings. It is used to convey the sense that whatever it
is, it has to be accepted.

A: No matter what I do, I still regret having injured to dog when I was
drunk.
B: Well, it is what it is. You've done all that you can for the dog. It can
walk again, even if it has trouble running. You have to move on.