"Andrea"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 7 06:28:43 UTC 2006

Or in the United States, where the distinction separates my friends
Evangelie "Effie" Flessas, a Harvard librarian and the wife of a
physician, who vacations back home in Greece as much as she can, and
Dmitrios "Jimmy" Chalapatas, a factory worker who can't understand
why, if Greece is so great, his parents brought him to America. So,
why go back? ;-)

Thanks for the explication of the social difference. I read about it
somewhere and then I simply asked people whether CH was lower-class.
They said yes, without elaborating. Needless to say, Jimmy was not one
of the people that I asked.

-Wilson