Weird 'virus' plural

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Jan 11 14:44:51 UTC 2006

I don't have time this morning to search the archives, but I do
remember people tracking weird and creative pseudo-plurals for the
word 'virus'.  I got one yesterday that, at least so far, takes the cake:

> >   Dose anyone know if 32 bit Norton AV server will
> >   serve up 64 bit definitions to a 64 bit client?
>
>It shouldn't matter, the definitions themselves are just a
>list of viruii signatures, unless you're pushing a 64-bit
>specific product update it should work fine.

You can ignore the geeky jargon, but it worries me a little that my
Eudora spellchecker didn't flag the word...

Geoff
Geoffrey S. Nathan <geoffnathan at wayne.edu>
Faculty Liaison, Computing and Information Technology,
         and Associate Professor of English
Linguistics Program                     Phone Numbers
Department of English                   Computing and Information
Technology:  (313) 577-1259
Wayne State University                  Linguistics (English):  (313) 577-8621
Detroit, MI, 48202                      C&IT Fax: (313) 577-1338