Re: Claim for origi n of "Cruisazy"

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 13 15:56:18 UTC 2006

Jesse writes:

> But with so many
> words, particular in the families of
> obvious-combinations-of-formatives and predictable-puns, these
> things can be repeatedly coined over and over again,

And in fact, the new coinages most likely to become permanent additions to
the vocabulary are those that evolve naturally from current words, so naturally
that they hardly seem new. This means conditions are favorable for those
coinages, and they spontaneously emerge multiple times. I've read that
evolutionists say the same for the origins of the first microscopic living things on
earth, not that they happened once against one-in-a-trillion odds, but that
favorable conditions kept on generating them till some began to proliferate. - Allan