groupie slang (1969)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jan 18 01:19:12 UTC 2006

At 7:08 PM -0500 1/17/06, Wilson Gray wrote:
>The definition of _out of it_ as "stoned to the point of being out of
>it" is priceless.  Or do I mean "worthless."
>
>  >
>  > http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/12-1.html
>  >

Indeed; there's something to be said for a recursive definition,
although I'm not sure what.  My problem is that I can never tell when
someone is using "out of it" to mean 'out of it', or to mean 'stoned
to the point of being out of it', or to mean 'stoned to the point of
being stoned to the point of being out of it', or to mean...hey, is
anyone else getting hungry?

LH