"cross-language homophonic poetry" -- or something

Carole Crompton crompton at SOVER.NET
Wed Jan 18 23:22:46 UTC 2006

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      "cross-language homophonic poetry" -- or something

People used to trick others with these at parties when I was young. There
was one in "French" that went something like "pas dela rhon canut"???? but
not speaking/reading French I'm sure that's not quite right. Same for the
Latin:

Civili der dago
Fortibus est en ero
Novili demis trux
Vadis indim
Cosin dux

I'd love to have more of these so please post whatever to the list!!!
Thanks, CMC
(not a linguist, just a user)