Birth of a nova--not?

Matthew Gordon gordonmj at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Jan 19 20:18:39 UTC 2006

I doubt that 'verisimilitude' is age-graded. It ain't no 'icebox'.

Still, thanks for the excellent example of linguistic Chicken-Littlism. When
I parody it in class it might go something like "In my day, we used walk 10
miles through 3 feet of snow to get to the library and learn important words
like 'verisimilitude'..."

-Matt