Go sit on your East Coast

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Sat Jan 21 01:06:10 UTC 2006

Paul,

Might sound better. But here's the official website blurb. Looks like
"Johns" to me. Course us guys who went to IU, OSU, UW, etc.,,  don't
really give a shit. The rest of us clearly had no interest in
advancing knowledge. But check out our jump shots.

dInIs

The Johns Hopkins University was the first research university in the
United States. Founded in 1876, it was an entirely new educational
enterprise. Its aim was not only to advance students' knowledge, but
also to advance human knowledge generally, through discovery and
scholarship. The university's emphasis on both learning and
research-and on how each complements the other-revolutionized U.S.
higher education. Today, Johns Hopkins has ventured from its home in
Baltimore to countries throughout the world-China, Italy and
Singapore, among many others. It remains a world leader in teaching,
patient care and discovery. Please explore our university. We hope
you'll discover something for yourself.

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor