incent : a big SOTA

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Wed Jan 25 16:05:55 UTC 2006

I confess to overlooking this SOTA warning. I assume it is sort of
the equivalent to a MIRE warning sent to, say, People for the
American Way (where MIRE stands for Message Issued by a Republican
Enthusiast). It's certainly not that case that one wants to preach
only to the choir, but is it wise to venture so openly into enemy
territory?

dInIs

PS: Of course, I won't delete or ignore. I am very much interested;
without such stuff there would be no goodies for the study of folk
linguistics. It's just odd to find them on a professional site, where
one would expect them to be identified as TTDMUTW rather than SOTA.

preston at msu.edu