slang "scotsh" = shirt, 1879;

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Thu Jan 26 14:55:20 UTC 2006

The item  immediately followed by "Breast-plate" turns out to be "Shield"
(readily decipherable on the microfilm I received).  But the separately listed item right before "Shield, Breastplate" is the one that looks like "Scotsh -- Shirt."  Barry omitted this item entirely, and I assume he did so because it seemed illegible.

       If anyone would like a snail-mail photocopy of the page with "Scotsch"
(if I deciphered it correctly) on it, just let me know.

Gerald Cohen

        <snip>